How to reset a Whirlpool refrigerator? A most common question asked by several customers who own a Whirlpool refrigerator. This condition occurs when some of the refrigerator’s features or functions stop working or are working in an unacceptable condition.
More specifically, talking about Whirlpool has been the top leading brand of refrigerator that provides new and latest features that is more convenient for humans according to the increasing heat and high-temperature summers.
Well, with all these features, there comes some technicality. Either the case is the Priority lies within searching for the root cause of the improper functioning of the refrigerator, as well as the model numbering of the product.
Whirlpool Refrigerator Troubleshooting:
Different types of dysfunction can be caused in the refrigerator, including improper cooling, improper functioning of the ice maker, not cooling at all, the light stopping working, any technicality with the control panel, etc. Therefore, several issues occur, leading us to reset the Whirlpool refrigerators to maintain their proper working conditions.
Mainly these issues are the troubleshooting caused within the functions and features of the refrigerator. Therefore, resetting will rectify them. However, if the problem is still pertaining, it is necessary to show it to a technician to get it repaired in complete form.
Now, considering the different models being released under the brand name Whirlpool, it is necessary to have the user manual in hand to function each setting properly. Apart from the new functions and features in every model, the resetting function is kept quite similar to be convenient for every individual who had an older model earlier and shifted to a new one.
Research is one of the basic criteria that any individual must follow before considering or working out anything. Different functions and features are involved in every new refrigerator model with the increment and enhancement of the technologies.
Therefore, some refrigerators have different functions on their control panel compared to the other models. Thus, it is essential to research the model number and the functions of the refrigerator that a certain individual owns. This research makes it quite straightforward for anyone to reset their refrigerator, as the complete manual will be in their hand according to their particular refrigerator model.
The most basic differentiation between the refrigerator is whether the refrigerator is a single door, a double door, or a side-by-side refrigerator.
Reasons for Resetting Whirlpool Refrigerator:
So, Why should you reset your whirlpool refrigerator? Before stepping ahead with resetting the refrigerator, it is necessary to understand the basic reason for resetting. These technical issues may be related to the ice maker or refrigerator.
Sometimes the refrigerator stops working in a proper condition after the cleaning of the filters. Before all of these conditions, it is very much necessary to understand whether the refrigerator causes these technicalities or issues or if it is a misunderstanding by the individual while changing a function or two.
The most widely seen reason for resetting a refrigerator is the improper cooling of the refrigerator, which is caused by altering the temperature. Similarly, the ice maker also sometimes shows a certain problem by changing the freezer’s temperature. Some of the reasons to reset a Whirlpool refrigerator are:
- Resetting the whirlpool refrigerator after changing the filter.
- Resetting the whirlpool refrigerator’s Control Board or Panel.
- Resetting the whirlpool refrigerator after a power outage.
- Resetting the whirlpool refrigerator’s ice maker.
- Resetting the whirlpool refrigerator’s temperature.
Ways to Reset a Whirlpool Refrigerator
Once the research about the model of the refrigerator is done, it will be quite easy to move ahead with the process of resetting. With the proper instructions and the model information, reset that particular refrigerator will be just a piece of cake. The following are some of the basic steps that will be quite helpful in resetting a Whirlpool refrigerator.
1. Resetting the Ice Maker of Whirlpool Refrigerator:
Several dysfunctions are caused within the refrigerator leading to the improper functioning of the ice maker. Even sometimes, resetting becomes necessary after the cleaning of the ice maker. Therefore, the following steps are provided to reset the ice maker of the Whirlpool refrigerator.
- First, it is quite necessary to unplug the refrigerator from the power source to prevent any short circuits.
- Check for any secondary wires or plugs that are connecting the ice maker to the freezer section.
- In case there are any wires, it is advised to remove them.
- If there are any ice cubes in the ice maker already, it is required to remove them.
- Once the ice maker is out of the freezer section, On the water supply, check for any kind of blockage in the supply pipe.
- If any blockage is found in the pipe, it is required to remove with the help of a sharp object, or it is most probably the ice that got frozen up in the pipe. Therefore, it is advised to wait for some time to melt down.
- Apart from this, check the ice box for any debris that must be left behind, causing difficulty in freezing the ice.
- Once everything is checked, it is advised to wait for at least 3 minutes before plugging the power source back into the refrigerator.
- After approximately 3 minutes, the ice maker is fixed back into the freezer section, and the power is plugged back on.
After following the steps, it is required to check the ice maker for its freezing function. If it is working correctly, there is no need for further help. Otherwise, a technician must be called out to see any technicalities.
2. Resetting the control panel of the Whirlpool Refrigerator
The control panel is the main functioning part of the refrigerator. It is the housing of every control from which an individual can have complete power over the functioning of the refrigerator. Therefore, the control panel’s functionality and proper working must be maintained. In the case of any dysfunction, it must be reset to prevent any further technical issues. Some of the steps to reset the control panel is given below:
- Locate the door switch as well as the temperature down button of the refrigerator.
- Both keys must be pressed altogether within 3 seconds.
- After this, the temperature down button must be released, and the door switch must be held for 3 seconds.
- This will reset the control panel, and a display of a PE will be indicated.
- This is the confirmation process for the resetting of the control panel.
- Press the temperature down button once again to confirm the resetting.
- After pressing the temperature down button, the control panel will go completely blank and will restart again with the default functions.
Video Credit: Handy Hudsonite/Youtube
3. Resetting the complete Whirlpool Refrigerator
It is quite simple to reset the Whirlpool refrigerator if you know where the technicalities are found, either in the filter light, ice maker, control panel, etc. However, it becomes quite hard to identify which function or the refrigerator’s settings are causing the technicalities in several conditions. Therefore, in that condition, the complete refrigerator is required to reset. As the Whirlpool refrigerators are filled up with multiple functions and features, it is quite necessary to keep an idea of every setting of the refrigerator before resetting the complete body. Some of the steps to reset a Whirlpool refrigerator is given below.
- The first step comes before resetting the computer fragilities to unplug the fridge from the power source to prevent any mess or short circuit.
- It is advised to wait approximately 5 minutes before proceeding with any other procedure.
- After 5 minutes, the fridge must be plugged back into the power source.
- Now check out the cooling function, which is done by pressing the filter and lock buttons for 5 seconds.
- The functions are working properly. This indicates that the control panel is working in the proper conditions.
- If the control panel is not working, it is advised to stop the resetting of the refrigerator and take help from a technician. Otherwise, continue with the following process.
- Locate the door switch as well as the temperature down button of the refrigerator.
- Press both switches simultaneously until an “E” appears on the control panel.
- Now press both switches simultaneously three times in 10 seconds duration.
- This will cause a complete reset of the refrigerators. It is advised to wait at least 30 seconds after pressing the switches.
- Now press the temperature up button; if the control panel displays “1” on the screen, it indicates that the complete resetting of the refrigerator is successfully done.
Whirlpool is a brand that creates and innovates different functions and features in its refrigerators. However, due to improper usage, some dysfunction might occur. Therefore, it becomes quite necessary to reset the Whirlpool refrigerator to maintain its proper working and cooling functions.
Having the knowledge of the model as well as the instructions of the refrigerator, it is quite easy to reset the refrigerators. The resetting of the refrigerator is beneficial for the refrigerator as it maintains the proper functioning of every feature of the refrigerator.
There might be some technicalities within the refrigerator, which can be rectified by resetting. Always prefer to call a technician when the resetting or restarting function of the fridge is not working in any condition.