KitchenAid is an electrical appliance brand, which is basically an owned company under the authority of Whirlpool Corporation. This company came into existence in the year 1919. Since then, this company has served a number of American families. Many people choose this company for their kitchen appliances because of its good quality working, durability, as well as a long-life guarantee. Moreover, with the increment in technology, the KitchenAid Refrigerator started providing a number of new features and facilities in the refrigerator. However, due to this complex mechanism, the refrigerator might occur some troubleshooting, and a condition of resetting might become necessary.
Reasons for Resetting KitchenAid Refrigerator
With the advancement of technology and high customer demands, several new and innovative features are being added to KitchenAid. These newly added features are quite useful on the one hand, but on the other, they can cause several conditions of troubleshooting. Apart from these, there are several reasons that cause a condition of resetting. Some of them are listed as follows:
- Due to the power failure, the refrigerator might experience troubleshooting.
- If the fridge is not cooling properly.
- If there is improper functioning of Ice Maker.
- Sometimes, the control panel stops working.
- If the water filter is replaced or changed, there might be a necessity to reset the refrigerator.
However, sometimes even after resetting the refrigerator, it does not work properly as it is supposed to do. Therefore, in such a condition, help from customer care must be taken to rectify the problem, and sometimes, a technician must be called to check out the appliance.
Quick Way to Reset a KitchenAid Refrigerator
There is a certain condition when the refrigerator shows signs of improper functioning. Therefore, in order to overcome these conditions, the refrigerator needs to be reset. Simple step-to-step guidelines to reset the KitchenAid refrigerator are:
- It is required to pull the power socket from the source so as to cut off the power supply to the refrigerator.
- After removing the power supply, the refrigerator can rest idly for at least 10 to 20 minutes.
- After the duration of time, the refrigerator is plugged back on.
- Once you turn on the refrigerator, give it a moment to get stabilized.
- After a moment, the refrigerator is needed to be checked for its proper functioning.
- The control panel of the refrigerator is checked to verify the successful resetting.
If all of the functions are working properly and the refrigerator is cooling itself as before, the reset was successful. If not, KitchenAid customer care must be called to rectify the problems.
Factory reset a KitchenAid Refrigerator
Factory reset is the function where all of the settings of any appliance are cleaned and cleared out, as well, as the full product is set to its default settings. Therefore, sometimes troubleshooting may occur that requires factory resetting of the KitchenAid Refrigerators. Some of the simple steps that are used to factory reset a KitchenAid Refrigerator are:
- In order to factory reset the whole refrigerator, it is required to find an “Options” button on the control panel of the refrigerator.
- Once you click the “Options” button, you see several sub-options.
- Within those sub-options, click on the “Settings” option.
- In the settings, find out the “Factory Reset” option.
- Click on the “Factory Reset” to reset the whole refrigerator to its default settings.
- Before clearing all the memory as well as the altered settings of the refrigerator, it will ask for confirmation.
- Select “Yes” to reset the KitchenAid Refrigerator.
Resetting the ice maker of the KitchenAid Refrigerator
Sometimes the disfunction is called in the ice maker of the refrigerator. If the freezer is not working properly, an individual must try to reset the ice maker before calling for further help. The simple steps to reset the ice maker of the KitchenAid refrigerator are given below:
- The ice maker must be switched to manual mode beforehand.
- Turn on the switch to make the ice maker manual.
- Moreover, there must be a plastic tab that is meant to turn off the light.
- Now close the door of the freezer section.
- Let the fridge rest for a duration of 10 to 20 seconds.
- Now open the door and continuously press the door switch three times.
- Now close the door again and let the freezer section stabilize.
Once the resetting of the freezer section is done, it must be checked for its successful application. However, the ice build-up must be checked after a certain duration because the refrigerator takes an adequate amount of time to normalize the freezer’s working.
KitchenAid Refrigerators are one of the most prior electronic refrigerators among the American family because of their functioning and durability. However, there are several reasons why it might show some troubleshooting and cause improper refrigerator functioning. In such conditions, resetting the refrigerator helps. However, an individual must have proper knowledge of resetting the refrigerator. Moreover, if the issue remains, then a technician must be called for further assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is the specific reason for resetting the refrigerator?
The specific reason for resetting a refrigerator can be termed as the dysfunction caused within the refrigerator. Moreover, several other conditions might need to reset the refrigerator, like, replacing the water filter, power outage, etc.
- Why do most families choose the KitchenAid refrigerator?
Most families choose the KitchenAid refrigerator because it comes with innovative technologies and functions. Moreover, it is also known for its durability and long life span. These specifications make a KitchenAid refrigerator the idlest refrigerator on the market.
- How does resetting help the refrigerator?
Resetting the refrigerator clears out all of the altered functions and features. This helps in a condition where some troubleshooting is caused. In such cases, resetting can play a vital role in preventing the occurrence of any complex mishappening.
- When was KitchenAid company established?
The KitchenAid company was established in the year 1919, and it is under the authority of Whirlpool Corporation. It is known for its durability, strength, unique features, and facilities, as well as its long life span.