GE refrigerators are a reputed brand in the United States. It is made with high-quality wiring and components, making it one of the best electrical appliances in the state. It is one of the old refrigerators companies that started in 1905 and till it has the same reputation. The GE refrigerators come in a single door, double door, side by side, as well as a French for door variance.
Apart from being a tremendous appliance, some issues might occur in the refrigerator, which can cause troubleshooting. Therefore, in those conditions, resetting this refrigerator becomes quite necessary. Moreover, cleaning or changing the water filter also requires resetting. Therefore, an individual must have the proper knowledge of operating and resetting the GE refrigerators.
Reasons for Resetting GE Refrigerator:
GE refrigerator is known for its durability, long lifespan, and stable working conditions. However, sometimes various reasons can cause issues in these components.
Some of the basic reasons that need to be highlighted while considering the resetting of the refrigerator are:
- Improper cooling in the freezer and fridge section.
- Troubleshooting in the ice maker.
- Temperature variance in the refrigerator.
- Technical issues due to power failure.
- Improper functioning of the refrigerator after cleaning the water filters.
- Display an error code on the control panel of the fridge.
Therefore, the reason to reset the GE refrigerator must be made sure before following up on the procedures. Moreover, having detailed knowledge of the model of the refrigerator is quite necessary to perform the functions.
Quick Way to Reset a GE Refrigerator:
In order to reset the GE refrigerator, an individual must have the instruction manual as well as proper knowledge about the model of the refrigerator.
As every model has a different resetting function, proper knowledge of the model makes it quite easier to reset the refrigerator. Some of the simple steps to reset the GE refrigerator are as follows:
- If the fridge is kept attached to the wall, it is required to move the fridge.
- However, the fridge must be moved in a gentle manner. Therefore, it is suggested to get some help in the movement and make sure the door must not open.
- Detach the plug of the refrigerator from the power source.
- After cutting the power source from the refrigerator, it is suggested to rest it for a while before operating and restoring the power.
- After a while, the GE refrigerator must be re-plugged into the power source.
- Once the fridge is back in power, it is required to locate the shut-off arm of the refrigerator.
- An individual must take the help of the instruction manual to locate the shut-off button.
- Turn off the shut-off arm and let the refrigerator rest for another 30 seconds.
- This shut-off arm for the ice maker must also be accessed. It is required to press it three times.
- The simple steps will reset the complete GE refrigerator. It will start working at its default setting.
Resetting the GE Arctica Refrigerator:
The GE Arctica refrigerator is the elite model of the GE refrigerators. Therefore, these refrigerators have different sets of instructions and features on the basis of which the resetting is processed.
Therefore, the steps to reset the GE Arctica refrigerator are as follows:
- The refrigerator must be unplugged from the power source.
- Once the fridge is cut off from the power source, it must be left to rest for at least 30 seconds before connecting it back to the power source.
- After proper rest, the refrigerator must be connected to the power source.
- If the fridge is not working after connecting it to the power source, the circuit breaker must be checked.
- Once the fridge is back to life, the resetting process can be performed.
- The GE Arctica refrigerator has a self-diagnosis feature.
- The temperature button available on the control panel must be pressed.
- By pressing the temperature button, the control panel will light up all the temperature displays for the fridge as well as the freezer.
- Increase the temperature of the fridge and freezer both to 5 levels.
- Now press and hold the temperature setting buttons available on the control panel for 3 seconds.
- Release the button once the control panel displays a zero number on the screen.
- Now press one and then 5 to completely reset the GE refrigerator.
Resetting the GE refrigerators water dispenser:
The GE refrigerator sometimes experiences troubleshooting in the water dispenser. This might be the reason for a dirty water filter or an ice blockage in the water dispenser. Therefore, it becomes quite necessary to reset the GE refrigerator for their water dispenser.
However, the features and facilities provide light indications so that an individual must know whether it is the water filter or a nice blockage. The steps and guidelines to reset the GE refrigerator for the water dispenser are given below:
- The refrigerator will indicate lightly to change the filter.
- If the filter indicator is on, an individual must change the old filter before resetting the refrigerator.
- On the control panel, the ice and water button must be pressed simultaneously for 3 seconds to reset the GE refrigerator.
- However, some of the elite GE refrigerators come with a feature of a “reset water filter” button.
- In that case, press and hold the reset water filter button for a duration of at least 5 seconds.
- The indicator light will turn green, which is a clear indication that the refrigerator has been successfully reset.
- Once the light is green, the refrigerator water dispenser must allow draining of all the trapped air and contaminants for a duration of 3 to 5 minutes as per the requirement.
Resetting the GE refrigerator in the case of a faulty control panel:
In some cases, the refrigerator’s control panel stops working in such a condition that resetting the refrigerator might become hectic, and an individual must not know how to reset it. However, the GE Refrigerator provides features and the facility to reset its refrigerator without the use of a control panel. The simple guideline to reset the GE refrigerator without the help of the control panel are as follows:
- The refrigerator must be moved gently from the wall to access the power outlet.
- The refrigerator must be unplugged from the power source.
- Once the refrigerated is unplugged, it must be kept ideal for at least 30 to 45 minutes.
- Letting the refrigerator rest for a long time will reset the functions.
- Now plug the refrigerator back into the power source.
- Once the refrigerator is back to power, it must be left to rest for at least a day in order to stabilize all of its functions before changing any temperature settings, etc.
The GE refrigerators are known for their stability, durability, and long lifespan. However, sometimes troubleshooting may occur in the refrigerator, due to which the resetting of this refrigerator might become necessary. Therefore, an individual must have the proper knowledge to reset the GE refrigerator. However, in the case of complex technicalities or issues, it is advised to call customer service and get a technician’s help.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why do most people prefer GE refrigerators?
The GE refrigerator is a priority among people because of its durability, stability, high-quality components, as well as a long lifespan.
- What is the general reason for resetting the GE refrigerator?
Some general reasons for resetting the GE refrigerator include a power failure, improper cooling, control panel dysfunction, ice blockage, changing the water filters, etc.
- What are the different variants of the GE refrigerator?
The GE refrigerator comes in a variant of single door double door, side by side in French 4 door refrigerator.
- Do all the GE refrigerators have the same resetting procedure?
Most GE refrigerators have the same resetting procedure. However, the Arctica version of the GE Refrigerator has a slightly different procedure to reset.